Quote by: Quaker Peace Activist
Gene knudson Hoffman
It is true when they say, 'you should not judge a book by its cover'. We are afraid of those who we don’t know, of those who are strangers to us, because we think they are different and we might not have a connection with them. We do not know how a person might be until we get to know them, their personality, and maybe even some of their past. In the long run we could find out that they are similar to us, have same problems or anecdotes to share that we might actually enjoy listening to. Everyone disserves a chance and the opportunity to be listened.
What would it be if we just walk down the hall, if we do not talk to people and we believe that they are enemies just because we do not know them? It is really hard to talk to people we do not know, but we have to break the ice somehow; when we give the first step we break it, and cross the enemy line to where we do not see that stranger or enemy anymore.
A good example would be our parents, we usually judge them and say that they are our enemies because they set rules, tell us what to do, what is bad for us and/or give us their advice when we do not want it. We should stop for a minute and reflect on why is it that they say no, or actually ask them for their reasons to do so. By this we will be breaking the ice, and we might find some interesting things. They will open and tell us about their experiences, they do not want us to make the same mistakes they did when they were young, and that their advice is for us to take and apply. This will take to a closer relationship with our parents, where we will not see them as our enemies anymore.
Looking at it in a funny nice way, we like stories and those who tell them have this magical thing that attracts other’s attention and make us focus on what they are saying. A person will never look at the enemy, but, like little kids, we will sit down and listen to the storyteller.
hey princess-abc.
ReplyDeleteI like what you wrote only there are things you said that I disagree with, in my point of view. When it comes to an enemy, Im not really afraid of them, it cause they did something to me that affected me either emotionally or physically. When I have an enemy, I avoid them completely since I don't want to talk to them or have anything to do with them anymore. What I saying might seem really cold and horrible but I'm actually the opposite. My mom always tell me that when I know someone who intentionally wants to cause me harm to stay away from them and not provoke them, and thats what I do. I do however agree with what you said about our parents. I admit that sometimes I do feel like they are just being mean and not letting you don the things you want to do, but I know they only want what is best for us.
I totally agree with you on this ;) i like what you write you write nothing but the true
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, we judge those we do not know.
ReplyDelete